2004 GTI RFI in need of power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

4Luke6

Hi i'm new to the forum...I just bought a 2004 GTI RFI 110Hp and believe it has the 787 engine right ? if so are there any mods that have been done to this engine that would not cause failures. ( i'm not willing to sacrifice my engine for some additional power but would like some extra power)... i'm looking to add 20-40Hp....also if i had to change impeller ? i found some info that states the after market impellers should be

Stock Engine 10/16 155-83 Swirl
Limited Engine 11/17 155-83 Swirl

what will the benefits be ? do you recomend something differnt ?

Many thanks
Your help would be greatly appreciated
Luke

Thank you for the post....

The 787 RFI motor is one of the most reliable and strongest engines before going 4 TEC.........Technically, the 951 creates more horsepower but in my opinion, it has some expensive parts that in need of replacement, would cost you a small fortune. So, you got the engine, you just want a bit more from it.

I would suggest you look at the performance parts made for your pump, not your engine. Your engine is already taching 7200 rpm, which is almost max for that type of crankshaft configuration.

Your best and least expensive way to create more performance is through the pump. Check out this site. They offer power nozzles, wedges and racing impellers. So, in my opinion, leave the engine alone, go with the pump changes. http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/product_page.asp?Category=Sea-Doo Pump Nozzle Kits

One more thing, if you do decide to mod the engine, remember, you decrease the life span because any modifications you make to the enigne is going to create extra stress on it's internal components.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back