2004 GTI LE RFI - Oil Pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerC

Hi Guys
I have asked this question in another post but perhaps i havent put it in the correct place.
I think my oil pump is stuffed as it seems a little stiff to turn over by hand, how hard should these be to turn over? Are they repairable?

Looking at getting a new one but they are over $500 in Australia, so thinking of ordering one in from US (seadoowarehouse of course). But looking at should i keep old one as spare or just bin it as i dont want to take the risk of failure.

If this is considered a double up MODS please merge or whatever is required to keep things tidy.

Hi Guys
I think my oil pump is stuffed as it seems a little stiff to turn over by hand, how hard should these be to turn over? Are they repairable?

Your oil injection pump?, or the fact that you turn your PTO and its "tough" to roll over? What is it your try'n to do?

Its just the little oil pump on the front of the magneto casing.
Had a bit of a disaster happen and i think it has killed the pump. After taking it off originally it was was completly seized, bit of force and it went "crack" and started turning, but it is quite stiff by hand still. Being a very new user and also now a new home mechanic, i dont really know how "stiff" it should be to turn over. It will turn over with a battery drill, but feels oddly stiff and like it may lock up.

Is there anything that can be done to pull them apart?
or should i just have a small quiet ceremony as i throw it over my shoulder?

The engine turns over quite happily by hand (with no plugs of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back