2004 GTI LE info center blank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vtchopperdude

My father has a 2004 Seadoo GTI LE and the info center recently went blank. It was working, and all a sudden one day it wasn't. The speedometer still reads correctly and is getting power. I checked all the connections behind the gauges, and everything looked in pristine condition and no signs of corrosion. I pulled the rubber boot off the back of the info center gauge, and everything looked to be ok. Sometimes I know water leads to corrosion on electrical connections and can cause similar issues, but everything looked great. I'm leaning towards the unit having gone bad. After 18 years, maybe it finally gave up the ghost. So, has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, how did you proceed? For what it's worth, it runs great and does everything it's supposed to. Starts up, runs strong, and has no issues. The digital info center is just blank. Thanks

Usually…externally…everything looks benign,,then you open up the patient,,and corrosion lurks…often it is the black ground tracer,,,or the power tracer which is often near the ground tracer,,,if you are good with testing circuits…you will be able to find the culprit,,,

So if it were a power or ground issue, wouldn't the speedometer be dead as well? I have power to the speedometer, which looks to be on the same harness.

Welp, as suspected, bad unit. Got a used replacement off eBay. It was plug and play. No issues. Anyone else who has a dead info center, don't waste your time trying to chase wires. That is hardly ever the problem (for anything automotive). The unit just goes bad over time. $295 for replacement and call it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back