2004 exp overheating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for bothering everybody this is what I have a 2004 rxp put it away last year no problem put it in the water 300 yd overheating new thermostat 7 miles overheated on the way back had to stop twice let water out refill with lake water keep going what now could be my problem what changed.
Thank you

Have you drained and refilled the coolant? replaced the sensor? make sure nothing caught on impeller?RXPs do have overheating issues.

Yes I had to drain it when I put the new thermostat in, it's not saying it's hot and not it flat out is cooking hot when I remove the seat, I put it away with no issues running it every year since 2004 when I bought it,
the ride plate is getting warm when it's on the hose so that says it's circulating, I'm clueless on what could have transpired from winter to now,
Other than the last five miles per hour I lost is my fuel pump leaning me out if it doesn't have enough boost in its veins anymore and that is a replaced fuel pump already
Say 3 yrs old

Is it throwing an error code? You could have fixed the issue but the code is still stored in the ECU. To see if it is throwing a code:

With safety lanyard on its post, press 5 times the SET button to start the display of P-codes (onboard diagnostic).

Press MODE to scroll codes if more than one is present. When list is over, END will appear.

When END appears, press MODE to exit.

Or if you have a candoo pro it can be hooked up and all error codes cleared from the ECU

Is it throwing an error code? You could have fixed the issue but the code is still stored in the ECU. To see if it is throwing a code:

With safety lanyard on its post, press 5 times the SET button to start the display of P-codes (onboard diagnostic).

Press MODE to scroll codes if more than one is present. When list is over, END will appear.

When END appears, press MODE to exit.

Or if you have a candoo pro it can be hooked up and all error codes cleared from the ECU
Yeah this is one of those fun ones, when I go to my cottage I'm going to check the codes but I know for fact this thing was definitely overheating to the point I would have to stop in the lake Ontario pop the radiator cap put cold water in and continue on that sucks.

Ok I changed out my fuel pump,
Got back my top speed, gained back my throttle response, got rid of the overheating problem.
Lean out was the primary culprit,
That pump was approximately 3 years old the original one lasted up until that.

Pressure test the system,,,you can use an auto kit,,to find your leak,,,its either xternal,,,or internal...the ride plate will get warm because it is the heat exchanger,,,and on the trailor there is no lake water to cool it,,,drain it,,,put in the correct pink 50/50 mix,,,and then pressure test it,,,is the ride plate cracked?

Last edited:
I'm not leaking any water I put the machine away it ran fine I pull it out and in 300 400 yd it overheats,
New fuel pump much needed new thermostat apparently didn't need it,
You're thinking a possible blown head gasket although on initial fire up no rough cylinders runs mint no hydro stacking

No prop bind the thing flat out screws just likes to overheat which has never been a problem since I bought it in 04,
This is the first time she's let me down

No prop bind the thing flat out screws just likes to overheat which has never been a problem since I bought it in 04,
This is the first time she's let me down
I will pressure test and do a cylinder compression check just to see what there is to see,
Now I'm wondering was it leaning out cooked it causing a head gasket leak stay tuned I'll let you know

Yes the exhaust manifold is staying cold once I overheat and touch it it's fine the motor is cooking,
Thank you for throwing anything at me

I would drain the system,,,follow shop manual procedure,,
,,,who knows,,,will cost you the special anti freeze and ionized water,,,50/50 mixture,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back