2004 3D problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cubanfisher

i have two 2004 seadoo 3d's and i got a small problem on both.

1st on one the fuel gauge does not work at all. lights work on power up when you put key in but nothing after that. last week i put in a new fuel pump assembly that came with a new sender and it didnt fix it. ive had the problem since i took it from the dealer. just that my nearest dealer is 2 hour drive away and never got a chance too.

2nd 3d. runs great but i get a constant flasing check engine light. does not affect the jetski in running but its just annoying to have to see it. i get no beeps just a constant CEL.

any ideas?

I'm sorry you didn't get a quicker response... I believe if you push the "set" button it will display a trouble code. If you have more than 1 code it will display it after the first one is repaired, and cleared by the dealer. I would check the wireing to the guage to see if the connectionis the problem.
Do you have a seadoo shop manual? If not here’s an idea for you. You could join as a "premium member". As a premium member you can down load a authentic seadoo manual from the seadoo manual library. In the library is a variety of manuals for almost all years and models. You can view as many as you like on line as a PDF file, or download it and print it for your personal and private use. There are operator manuals and repair manuals for you to do your own repairs on your seadoo. The repair manuals have everything from troubleshooting, repair procedures to winterizing. It contains wire diagrams torque specs and pictures for disassemble and assemble instructions. In the spec sheets it tells everything needed to maintain oil changes, spark plug gaps, carburetor rebuilds and impeller wear ring tolerances. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. If you need any help or get in a jam, we are always here to answer your questions too. Premium members get priority when it comes to getting quick detailed answers.

Karl

thank you for the response, maybe you've never seen one but a 3d doesnt have any buttons on the screen just has a little light pad with 3 gas lights and a warning symbol. i have a website that shows me shop manuals but none for exactly my 2004 3d's. if i join premium will i get one for it? or just a general one of rfi's?

i have the same machine and the same issue for me the flashing means that My OTAS isnt working, my seadoo always stays idled up but i like it getting in and out of the shallow beach where i keep it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back