2003 XP-DI sinks when not running

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosl2

Anyone know what to look for when the hull fills with water when it’s tied to the dock. It’s not the carbon shaft seal. I replaced that last year and it doesn’t leak there when running or off. Obviously it’s something in the jet pump area, any pointers is much appreciated.

Btw my wife can ride the machine all day and it’s dry as a bone inside while running. Bildge pump works appropriately as well. It took about 3hrs while we had lunch and drinks to fill the hull above the shaft.

I chased a leak for 2 years and finally found the leak was coming from one of the 4 bolts that holds the impeller assembly to the transom.
Go back to the main screen of this site, look for Marketplace; then Seadoo OEM warehouse. Select the parts listing for your machine. Take a closer look at the microfiche "propulsion internal" parts screen. It's item #54 that I suspect.

Last edited:
I chased a leak for 2 years and finally found the leak was coming from one of the 4 bolts that holds the impeller assembly to the transom.
Go back to the main screen of this site, look for Marketplace; then Seadoo OEM warehouse. Select the parts listing for your machine. Take a closer look at the microfiche "propulsion internal" parts screen. It's item #54 that I suspect.

Awesome, thank you! I will check it out tonight.

I did just look the machine over after coming back from the lake and noticed the VTS boot is ripped. Not sure if this would cause that much of a leak after a few hrs

Put it on the trailer and fill the hull with water. Then look on the outside for leaks.

Chester

Filled hull with water and it pisses out this port below to steering cable

Attachments

• 0F852A43-C0F1-4513-A82F-8B3CFDC48F9B.jpeg
    0F852A43-C0F1-4513-A82F-8B3CFDC48F9B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
Also found this hose disconnected and full of debris. Can’t see anything back there though. Might have to remove the VTS system to see

Attachments

• 796AE62B-B9D0-4C21-8EE5-BD230C20BF13.jpeg
    796AE62B-B9D0-4C21-8EE5-BD230C20BF13.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
Put it on the trailer and water cage out of this port. Found that hose not connected so I put it back on. I tried to blow into the hose but couldn’t. Any idea where it goes to. I had to remove the VTS to Barely be able to get my fingers low enough to put the hose back on with a zip tie. A clamp is impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back