2003 Utopia Optimax 250 Water in Engine Bay

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayzuks

Hi All, I have a 2003 Utopia Optimax 250, (only used in fresh water) had it winterized last year and took her out yesterday for the first time. She ran great no issues for first hour. Then would not plan out, thought I sucked up a bag or something. Checked the intake grate it was clear. Opened the engine compartment and it full of water covering the battery and large oil container by about an inch. The engine was cover about half way up with water. The idiot that winterized it never put the house connection flush out cap on and water was pouring out of it into the engine bay. Anything I need to be concerned about? Should I remove and replace the oil in case water got into the lower oil reservoir? Engine still run great.

Thanks,

Jason

If water was only up an inch or so on the oil tank you should be okay. open the cap on the small tank on the motor and you should be able to tell if water has mixed with the oil.

Was your bilge pump working?

If water was only up an inch or so on the oil tank you should be okay. open the cap on the small tank on the motor and you should be able to tell if water has mixed with the oil.

Was your bilge pump working?

Ok thanks I'll do that. The pump was intermittent, I got a new one on its way.

Many Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back