2003 utopia 205 has no power after start.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're asking about fuel and air pressure delivery. The port side fuel rail has a tire pressure (Shraeder) valve on top of it. Screw on a pressure gauge to that for fuel. The starboard side has the same valve on the back side of the fuel rail. Its ideal to measure them at the same time so you need two gauges. The key is this... the two gauges need to show a 10PSI difference when under pressure at cranking and startup and operation. You can get these types of gauges at an advanced auto or orielly, or ebay. here is a pick of one of mine. i bought it for 50 bucks at advanced auto. the packing is orange on the right side of the photo.boat tune up.jpg

I want to reiterate something. Go behind your dash (you can remove the dash screws or access it from the fuse box entry behind the starboard front seat back cushion). Unplug the lanyard switch. There are two wires in a gray plug. Just unplug it. And snip the black yellow wire Tim mentioned. This bit me in the rear-end for a month.

I would guess your high pressure pump inside the VST may be having issues. At high rpm is when that pump, if struggling, would expose its weakeness to keep up. You can order walbro on ebay. That was the OEM brand. You can't buy them from Seadoo OEM, as I recall. It's a cheap possible fix for 55 bucks.

ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP fits Optimax 2002-2009 225HP & 250HP EFI High Pressure Engine | eBay

I'll try this weekend. Again I appreciate the help I'm receiving on this forum, you guys have been a great help for someone struggling to get a boat going...lol just wish I had better internet access at the cottage!!

Tim when you say trigger lol what are you referring to? throttle lever?

The trigger senses when to tell the computer when to fire the spark plugs. It's under the flywheel. The connector where you can check it, is behind the flywheel. Specs and procedure are in the book. However, it can check OK, and be on the edge of failure. It may fail when it gets hot.

The system switches part of the ignition system (don't know how or why) at about 2600 rpm. Your rpm may increase smoothly to this transition point, then start to stumble. Sometimes (like mine did) it will pick up again about 4500 rpm and be smooth up to 6200 rpm. My trigger tested good, but was a problem at 2600 rpm.

Took a peek at my service manual and cant seem to find procedure for where and to test the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back