2003 utopia 205 has no power after start.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdub

New to the forum...have sat on the sidelines gathering great tips through the years but needed some further help.....03 utopia started fine on the week end ...got about mile down the lake at 3/4 throttle went to juice it to full throttle and engine lost power...didnt die but felt like it was in limp mode....still starts no prob...but wont go more than 1/4 throttle speed....engines the 240 efi....help is much appreciated..

Yours is newer than mine with several changes. But...

Do you happen to have a "throttle guardian" in the helm box? Black, about 1 x 3 x 5. About 5 wires. Find black w/ yellow stripe. Cut it. Test drive.

black w/ yellow stripe is the kill wire for the ignition system.

You might find it on the top of the engine, behind flywheel.

This is the similar problem I am encountering do you have a photo of where this is located? How was the success did it work out?

I had a beep the first time I took out but afte 15 mins of running the boat i went wot it then just bogged. Did your boat have the throttle guardian

Well couldn't find the said wire. Tried to change the fuel/water seperator but couldnt get the old one off....

Changed the fuel water seperator...went out and it ran fine....came back to the dock to pick the fam up and it started acting up again...starts fine then bogs...?

Dont think i have a throttle guardian...only see the fuse panel. But found the black wire with a yellow strip coming from the safety kill lanyard.....should i snip it??...what is it for?

Changed the fuel water seperator...went out and it ran fine....came back to the dock to pick the fam up and it started acting up again...starts fine then bogs...?

When you changed the water- sep filter, did you check it for water? Sounds like you have some water in the tank.

After it chugged again pulled it again and dumped in a container and it didnt look like water was present

After it chugged again pulled it again and dumped in a container and it didnt look like water was present

If you have ethanol gas, perhaps you are saturated with water?

Do you by chance, have any gray fuel lines? They have been known to cause problems. Have you checked delivery from each fuel pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back