2003 SeaDoo Islandia Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfranke

Took the boat out today for the fourth time since owning it. First hour or two, it ran fine, no issues.

We were cruising, my mother lost her visor so we stopped, powered off, and I dove in to grab it.
We start back up and about a minute or two after getting on plane, warning alarm goes off, continuous. I throttle down to about 3mph, alarm goes off. I stopped the boat, sat for a little bit, opened the engine cover, pretended I knew what I was looking at, closed it and started it up again. Same thing, as soon as I start to build up speed, alarm goes off and stays on, followed by white smoke coming from exhaust.

Needless to say, I went 3mph the whole way home. After a while going that speed, alarm would kick on, even at that speed. I would turn the boat off, sit for a couple minutes, turn it back on and continue at 3mph with no issues for about 30mins or so.

No clue where to even start. Nearest Merc dealer is over an hour, no one around me will touch it.

If you have the 240 you might have a Guardian Protection System in your boat. If so the never ending beep can be the temp sensor (over heat), Over Speed or Throttle Sensor Failure. If you KNOW your cooling system is working, and the temp sensor is newer then I would look at the throttle sensor.

How would I look at the throttle sensor? I looked through the manual and couldn’t find it, probably not looking in the correct spot.

The gear shifter, when in forward position kind of, for lack of a better word, bounces, almost like it wants to kick back into neutral. Could this be part of the issue?

If its 240 with Guardian then I would test the TPS. I should have asked if you have the 240 or 250 Opti. (The Opti I have no info on.)

The bucket is bouncing off its stop kicking shifter back at you. If you have out of the water put it in fwd and take a look at the bucket. If its up out of the way of the nozzle then your good. Age gives it some play on pivot points over time. The bushing start to thin.

If its 240 with Guardian then I would test the TPS. I should have asked if you have the 240 or 250 Opti. (The Opti I have no info on.)

The bucket is bouncing off its stop kicking shifter back at you. If you have out of the water put it in fwd and take a look at the bucket. If its up out of the way of the nozzle then your good. Age gives it some play on pivot points over time. The bushing start to thin.

You may need to adjust the position of the reverse bucket at neutral. If shifter moves that easily, it will take 2 people. Complete instructions in the service book. If you have a fresh water boat, there is adjustable friction inside the control. If salt water, probably seized with corrosion. Check the shifter rubber bellows while you are there. No cracks or splits allowed. Steering, too.

Test the tps according to the service book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back