2003 Seadoo GTX 4-TEC limping?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rartman

Hey everyone,
My 2003 Seadoo GTX 4-TEC has been running great. There is an issue though. It only runs great if I keep it at about half speed. If I try to go more than that, it seems to go into limp mode. Basically, nearly all the power leaves and it acts like it’s trying to go but just can’t do much. The issue instantly goes away when I release the throttle and continue driving at about or lower than half speed. Any ideas on what this might be?

Press set 5 times to get codes.

Change your spark plugs.
I’ve already changed the spark plugs in hopes of fixing it. As for the codes, I can’t see them due to a faulty guage cluster. I know the beep sequence means something. I’ll give it a shot.

Often it is the rear oil pressure switch going out,,,computer thinks there is no oil and shuts down the motor,,,not sure if you have one up front as well.

If you can not read the display you should take it to someone with a code reader otherwise you can throw a lot of money into this with no solution.

Had a similar problem on 2005 RXT 215HP SC- run over 3K RPM and engine RPM would start oscillating preventing you from gaining more RPM.

It turned out to be the roll over protection valve (shut off solenoid valve) which keeps oil from draining into the air intake stream if you flip the jetski. I cleaned and lubricated the valve, tested the roll over switch, replaced the front and rear oil pressure sensors and still had a problem. Since the valve is no longer made I gutted the valve (as others told me to do) and have not had a problem since.

I may be wrong but my understanding is the rear oil switch is your line oil pressure from the oil pump. The front "oil pressure switch" is a low pressure switch which measures crank case pressure and opens this valve when there is excessive crank case pressure to vent the engine. You gut the valve and it is open all the time.

1655344031212.png
a

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back