2003 Sea-Doo sportster 4-Tec

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raffa1024

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi I'm having a problem with my fuel gauge showing full even when I have no fuel. How would I fix this problem?

Thanks I was thinking it was the float. Should I Change it out or is there a way to test it?

If you know the Ohm range, you could check it with a multimeter, but at the very least, start checking for a signal coming into the gauge. A grounded out gauge or sender will also peg the needle. So start by checking the electrical connections at both ends of the circuit (gauge and fuel sender). If all checks out, then remove the float assembly and inspect it for damage or binding. You should be able to power it up and move the float up and down while checking the readings coming off the signal wire to see the Ohm variations.

Thank you for the reply, just watch some videos on YouTube on how to test it. I'll post back later with results. Thanks again

Update: took out sending unit from tank unplugged then replied and powers boat. I moved the float up and down gauge is working . Put sending unit back in went for a long ride (1 1/2 hours) driving hard gauge still showing full . Don't get it !!

My tank has to be half empty before the gauge starts going down from full. I think it is a SeaDoo thing.

is the float getting hung up anything? I know I have to run for quite a bit before my needle drops. Gauge is fairly accurate on our boat.

I'm going to take it out again and check. Going to keep playing with it till it work. I was just going to order the float sensor but I don't know yet

I'm going to take it out again and check. Going to keep playing with it till it work. I was just going to order the float sensor but I don't know yet

I wouldn't replace parts without knowing for sure it's broken. Your repair manual should give you the range of readings for your float sender. Here's the page from my manual showing how to check the float.

fuel sender.jpg

Hi Folk,
My recently purchased 2005 Sportster LE fuel gauge is stuck on full.
What is the common cause of this?
Thanks!
Xcaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back