2003 Sea Doo GTX DI Maintenance Light Problem (NEED HELP)!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

slowden2155

If anyone has any ideas I am listening... After taking my 2003 Sea Doo GTX DI jet ski to an authorized Sea Doo Dealer at a nearby marina. I came home to test my PWC and had the same problem. The jet ski starts the first time every day the user gets on it and functions perfectly for hours... The problem comes when you ride it a second, third, fourth, time etc that same day. It has intermittent starts, making me push the start button 2,3,4 times just to get it to fire up. And typically the maintenance light comes on and flashes MAINT under the digital speed gauge on the left hand side. Usually idling it out to the buoys before the maintenance light shuts off. Then accelerating with the throttle to about 4000 rpm's the light comes back on. Topping my rpm's out around 4000, my speed at 30 mph, and the jet ski sputter's through the water as if it is not getting enough fuel. The marina fixed it the first time saying the rectifier was charging at a much higher voltage then it should of been. So they said they took it out and it worked fine. Of course it did, it works like a brand new ski any time you start it for the first time or after it has been shut down for a few hours. The technician at the marina said he has never seen this problem in the 10+ years of his work experience. When he trouble shoots the PWC for problems nothing comes up because the MAINT light only comes on the 2,3,4... time of use while on the water and shuts off when ski comes back to the idle RPM's (around 1500).... If anyone has any ideas I am listening... If an authorized Sea Doo dealer is not sure I am not exactly sure where to start.

If the MAINT light is on... it's gone into limp mode. Thats why you have limited RPM's and speed.

If it's tripping the MAINT light... it will store a code. If they are a legit dealer... have them pull the code.

I thought it would be easy as pulling the code too... But he made it sound as if he did already trouble shoot the ski to pull out the code and since the ski performs fine... until it is taken out and ran more than once, the MAINT light does not come on until 4000 rpm's so the problem that comes into play is that he can't test it while the engine is running let alone in the water... So when he attempts to pull a code after running the ski, it comes back as if nothing is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back