2003 RX DI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I picked this ski up last year and am just getting around to looking at it. Compression is 120psi on MAG and PTO. Starts right up which doesn't happen often but it just needed a few tweaks. Gel Coat is looking shabby and I am wondering if there are any short cuts to polishing between the mats on the floorboard. I'd also like to just replace the rear Mat but I"m thinking about just doing the full mat replacement The red looks like it is going to clean up pretty good. Bottom 2 pictures I took a few minutes cleaning the gelcoat. Those small spaces are gonna be a problem.

2003 RX Red (3).JPEG2003 RX Red (4).JPEG2003 RX Red Ryder (1).JPEG2003 RX Red Ryder (2).JPEG

i would do a full replacement on the foot pads. de-sticker and cut and buff it. looks like it'll polish up real good.

What kind of equipment do you use on the gelcoat in the foot channel? I have a few buffing devices but I'd like something that would make it happen quicker. I have a high speed buffer with a large wheel that does the job but it doesn't fit in these place. If I could find a smaller one like that I'd put a whuppin on this kinda work.

Last edited:
What kind of equipment to you use to at the gelcoat in the foot channel? I have a few buffing devices but I'd like something that would make it happen quicker. I have a high speed buffer with a large wheel that does the job but it doesn't fit in these place. If I could find a smaller one like that I'd put a whuppin on this kinda work.

A 2 inch air sander/buffer gets in tight spots and works great, but since you block people like me and Dan you won't see this response. Harbor Freight for ~$25.

Just a public service announcement: There are posts I don't respond to because I don't see them. Check my sig. :)

Last edited:
Just a public service announcement: There are posts I don't respond to because I don't see them. Check my sig. :)

"I tend to to think of it as confinement to a well deserved padded room where you can be disrespectful and yell as loud as you want but nobody hears you. Currently 2 members in residence. "

Not true, it's the other way around, you and only you don't hear us but everyone else does.

My wife came out to give me a hand with another ski, she looked at the DI and said.... Oh you gotta replace these mats ! :D I remove them and fill the holes. She is the one that replaces them. :D :D I wonder if she forgot. LOL

Sissy Hydromat (3).jpgSissy Hydromat (2).jpgSissy Hydromat (5).jpg

Put this girl on the water today. Wow !!! Impressive performance. Those DI's sure rock !! Havin fun.... feelin the flow.... circular.... circular. :D :D

Red Ryder Canal 2-15-20 (1).JPEGRed Ryder Canal 2-15-20 (3).JPEGRed Ryder Canal 2-15-20 (8).JPEG

I didn't cut up very much and didn't touch the trim. LOL I love the performance of the 951. I made a few turns but didn't push it hard and didn't break the azz end loose. Water was kinda cold and I was alone. :) BUT... it fell into the turns pretty good and felt pretty planted. I noticed the butt and slipped a bit on straight line acceleration once or twice which was strange. GPS said 57mph. I sure like fuel injection when it is working. :) I gotta get my wife to ride this ski. :)

I thought I post some pictures of the foot channel cleaning and polish work on the RX. I'm diggin this ski for sure. Seat isn't up to snuff though. :)

2003 RX Finish (1).JPEG2003 RX Finish (2).JPEGRed Ryder Polish 3-11-20 (1).JPEGRed Ryder Polish 3-11-20 (2).JPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back