2003 or 2008 seadoo sport/speed/ster 155 hp which to buy?? $5K delta

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

M_R

After a horrible experience last summer with a 2002 Sportster LE which didn't last an hour before dying and then waited till the last week of August to get it back only to find out the rebuild failed. I AM NOW ONLY INTERESTED IN A 4-TECH!!

So I'm looking for a 15 ft Seadoo 155 ft boat, all in Canada:

Here are my options right now, both come with trailer and seadoo covers:

1st option private sale older gentleman who seam 150% honest on the phone:

2003 Sportster 155HP 2nd owner, who bought it from a marina 5 years ago (for 15K!) with only 30 hours on the boat. He claims it been barely used as his grand kids just didn't get into the boating and in fact he states it wasn't even used two of the 5 years he's had it. Claims to have it properly winterized each year and oil changes done. No print out of hours but he doesn't think he's put more than 25 hours one since he's owned it. $8,000

2nd option, Dealer employee selling the boat through his dealership (which sells everything mostly farm stuff but also BRP), seams legit but who knows? no warranty

2008 Speedster 150 155hp 1 owner plus the dealer employee who's been using it. I'm told its clean and has 72 hours on it and the the guy GPS'ed at 89 km/h ~ 52 mph. last weekend $12,800

Both will give me a water test.

Both have approximately the same hours and should be in approximately the same physical condition ( I know the 2008 has the new dash), but one is 5 year old, the other 10. Both are a three + hours drive in opposite directions from me so I will only choose one.

I'm borrowing to buy so either amount is doable but the $8K seams so much easier to stomach.

What do you guys think, should I shell out the additional $4,800 for the 5 year newer boat? Or will I be fine with the 2003 and should save the ~ $5k

Many thanks

Matthew

I just realized I posted in the PWC forum VS the boat forum... urr dang. Sorry guys. I'm going to re-post in the correct forum and if a moderator can kill/delete this thread that would be great

Link to the correct forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a newer one... youll be kicking yourself in the butt for not... its only $4,000 more the newer one, but alot less troubles, it would be worth the $10 a month or so believe me...

Look Im going to go all out and throw a crazy number at you, but dont hesitate not to buy the 2008, you can buy a brand new 2012 Speedster with the new cool digital display, plus the eco, cruise, and dock modes WITH A 5 YEAR WARRANTY for $15,000.00.

Look, im just trying to be a good friend, because I would have loved someone to tell me that last year, I paid $16,750 for a brand new 0 hours left over 2011.

Than 2 months later they dropped the price on the newest 2012 for $15,000, with a 5 year warranty... If you dont want to do that, get the 2008 model.. They hold their value unbelievably - but youll be happier with the newer one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back