2003 Islandia with 250 Optimax stalls after running

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhatch21

I got this boat a couple months ago. Had it out maybe 7 times and has stranded me the last 3. It fires right up on the trailer, the hose, and the ramp, but after running for 30 minutes or so it will bog and stall and die. Happens whether you are turning 4k or 1k rpm. Sometimes it will restart and die before you get it in gear. But usually, if you let it sit for an hour, it will crank and run like normal.

I've got the previous owner's receipt where it got a new powerhead last fall. No alarms, lights, or buzzers go off when this is happening. The dual batteries are 2 years old and show 12.7 resting and 14.3 running volts. It has a new DELCO alternator. I read on the outboard Optis about the tracker valve and fuel regulator. Checked my schradder valves on the rails and one side had air and the other fuel, no pressure numbers. Seems like it could be fuel pump related or electrical. Any ideas?

Fumes in the bilge would choke out my engine if I don't have the bilge blower fan on. The fuse was blown when I got the boat. Since then I haven't stalled out.

I keep my blower on always when I'm on the move which is about 20 mins max.

I'm not one of those guys zooming around for hours before stopping.

It's on before I start the boat after refueling to vent gas vapors as safety.

It's has stopped my stalling issue since there's no other way I see to get clean air into the engine compartment.

Okay, maybe I will try that. I usually turn my fan off after I get the boat on plane. When the boat stalls and dies, I open the engine cover and leave it up while looking over things and trying to restart. It hasn't seemed to help.

simple stuff first...crack your gas cap after driving for a bit. Should be no big pressure change. Seen this happen before.

Thanks for the tip islandia-duane. I've had the boat out for 3 trips now with no stalling problems. The only thing I have changed is that now I run the fan blower all the time. I turn it on a couple minutes before cranking and leave it on the whole time the engine is running. Seadoo should have put scoops or air inlets on the front on the engine compartment. It seems like there is no way for fresh air to get in there. I'm just glad the fan seems to be working in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back