2003 GTX supercharged issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

404NotFound

Recently purchased this and a GTI as my first Sea Doos. Started up great, no issues there. But when I get on the throttle it kind of surges and never really goes full power. The lady I bought them from hadn't had them on the water since 2018 so I tried to siphon any old gas out but came up empty. Oil is good, there is no smoking or any externally visible signs of what could be going on. The screen does flash "maint" on it, but that is all. It acts like it wants to pick up and go when I apply throttle but then it just loses any pull and the RPMs drop. The motor doesn't die or anything, it just has no get up and go.

Change the oil, oil filter, and spark plugs. The wrong oil can affect supercharger performance and you don’t know what’s in there. If that doesn’t help and your supercharger hasn’t been rebuilt within the last two years get that done. Google PWC Muscle. If the spark plugs fix it I would get the SC done anyway, there a ticking time bomb when not maintained.

Change the oil, oil filter, and spark plugs. The wrong oil can affect supercharger performance and you don’t know what’s in there. If that doesn’t help and your supercharger hasn’t been rebuilt within the last two years get that done. Google PWC Muscle. If the spark plugs fix it I would get the SC done anyway, there a ticking time bomb when not maintained.

Thank you!

okay so I had it checked out at the local dealer, and they said that the turbo is blown which then apparently also messed up the motor, and they are saying that I need a whole new motor and transmission.

That sounds about right except for the transmission part. Metal particles from the supercharger are sucked into the intake scoring cylinder walls and pistons. Metal particles are also introduced into your oil system scoring most friction surfaces in your motor. The more it was run after supercharger blew up the more damage sustained to your motor.
You know have a project ski.

That sounds about right except for the transmission part. Metal particles from the supercharger are sucked into the intake scoring cylinder walls and pistons. Metal particles are also introduced into your oil system scoring most friction surfaces in your motor. The more it was run after supercharger blew up the more damage sustained to your motor.
You know have a project ski.

Yay...haha

Find a new dealer. 2003 didn't have ceramic washers in the sc so it is very unlikely your motor is ruined. SC can be rebuilt and it will be as good as new.

To expand a little on what ski-d00 is saying is that some dealers have a tendency to exaggerate a repair in search of the almighty dollar. It is possible that the only thing wrong with your ski by the symptoms you describe is that the SC clutch washer torque is out of limits causing your surging and loss of power. A blown SC is when the bearings fail and the impeller eats the SC housing causing the metal particle damage. Always a good idea to get a second opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back