2003 GTX DI Project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad on the seats bro !!! Looking real good !!

Head looks like crap. I'd replace it with a good one and be done with it. It can be repaired without machine work but it sure isn't worth the trouble. Buy a good used one and move on. LOL

The one on the bottom is my original that I smoothed out some with a dremel. Could I reuse it in a pinch?

Attachments

• 29BE2F5D-4F50-43F4-9969-7CFEF0178521.jpeg
    29BE2F5D-4F50-43F4-9969-7CFEF0178521.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
I probably wouldn't chance it on a 951. They are very well know to have head gasket issues so anything you can do to make sure it has a perfect seal the better.
The least I would do is take it to a local machine shop and just have them lap it on a true flat plate.

The head with the chip out of I bought from Dan here on the board. He sent me a pic of it but the chip was covered by some residual gasket sealer
So now I have 2 heads that aren’t worth a shit......

I would take it to a local machine shop and see if they can just put it on their flat stone to clean it up. they shouldn't charge much and you will have peace of mind.

you DO NOT want them to cut it flat which would be removing material because it will change the squish clearance.

Gotta give a shout out to etemp.... didn’t mean to hijack your thread like I did but thanks for not complaining

Oh hell no my brother. Good discussion is good discussion. Whatever it take to get your shite runnin. LOL

Quick question while your here..... can you check the oil level in the timing gears oil fill hole while the engine is in the ski? I pulled the bolt today to check it but it’s hard to tell or suck it out. Didn’t know if this is something you can do while the engine is still in?

The oil level is maintained by gravity feed from the oil tank. The return line height at the engine is the oil level in the engine. Not something I'd worry about unless you think the line is plugged or from some other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back