2003 GTX 4-tec

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dboccio

I purchased a 2003 GTX 4-TEC from a dealer last year with 105 hours on it. Day 1 I was able to hit 52 mph - slowly over the summer the top speed went down and now tops out at 42 mph (I'm at 145 hrs now)- took it to the dealer last week and they replaced the wear ring and said that should take care of it. Took it in the water this morning and no change in speed. RPM topping at at 6750 - which seems low. Changed the plugs late last season so they are fresh. Called the dealer and they said they would have to take it out for a ride (@ $175) to troubleshoot. Is there some obvious things I should be looking for as far as troubleshooting?
Thanks

How much for the wear ring repair? Did it start off fast or slow before you had it replaced? How about now that it is replaced?

So a long summer of troubleshooting (including the suggestion of cleaning the fuel sock - thanks Bills86e for trying) led me an exhaust leak in the j-pipe through the steel mesh - bought a pipe on e-bay for $100, replaced it, and it's running better than it ever has. The key was taking it out for a ride with the seat off which allowed plenty of air flow, and got me top spead. You should not smell any exhuast in the engine compartment - hope this helps someone else down the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back