2003 4tec fuel pump help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDoSeaDoo

Hey guys, picked up an 03 GTX, that needed a fuel pump. The guy ripped it apart but lost the tension spring for it. If you've got one laying around, could you please tell me the dimensions of this spring so I can buy it from one of the generic spring retailers? I need at least the length and thickness. Diameter would be nice, but I can probably guess that from the pump itself. Much appreciated. Below is a pic of it from a YouTube video i found.
0654150e6acb6d5beada700a261670eb.jpg

I found the answers. For anyone who comes across this and needs to know, it's 4 3/8in long, 3/4in diameter, and .06in thick. It's 12 coils including the top and bottom base coils.

That's a great idea! I highly doubt they keep any old pumps though. Worth a shot. I'm actually working near a McMaster Carr distribution center, and will pick up a similar spring from them. Only issue is I'll have to cut it as it's 20" long. But all the other specs seem in-line. I figure as long as it exerts enough force to keep that pump planted, it should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back