2003 205 Utopia maintence 240 Merc

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the forum and to owning a jet boat, have always had sea doo jet skis. Can I hook a hose to the cleanout and run the motor on the trailer, just as I can with the jet ski? Thanks

Welcome and yes.

Assuming you have a Mercury engine.
The hose flush port needs full flow. No restrictions, such as quick-disconnect fittings. The pee hole should have some flow, but depends on water flow and pressure.
No more than 2000 rpm and only about 2 or 3 minutes.

Welcome and yes.

Assuming you have a Mercury engine.
The hose flush port needs full flow. No restrictions, such as quick-disconnect fittings. The pee hole should have some flow, but depends on water flow and pressure.
No more than 2000 rpm and only about 2 or 3 minutes.
Thanks for a response, familiar with quick disconnects, use the on my ski, I believe I can connect the hose direct to the one on the boat, with the ski, you start first, then water flow, I read its opposite with the boat, do you agree? Basically I just want to make sure the boat will start before I take it to a launch.

For the jet boat, assuming we have the same 240 EFI Mercury engine, you turn on the water first make it flow and turn on the engine and you turn off the engine and then turn off the water. For jetski, its the opposite I know I have my Waverunner too... I sold my boat which I usually the primary mechanic without experience only the manual and with help of Dr. Honda and Tim75 for 2 years boat runs good without any issues. Just post if there's any problem with your jetboat.

For the jet boat, assuming we have the same 240 EFI Mercury engine, you turn on the water first make it flow and turn on the engine and you turn off the engine and then turn off the water. For jetski, its the opposite I know I have my Waverunner too... I sold my boat which I usually the primary mechanic without experience only the manual and with help of Dr. Honda and Tim75 for 2 years boat runs good without any issues. Just post if there's any problem with your jetboat.
Thanks for the response, this is what I thought, just wanted reinsurance from someone that has/had same boat and engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back