2002 Utopia 205 Broken Wire - where does it go?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RondoSymbo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Broken Wire 2.jpg
Still working on the rebuild of my 2002 Utopia 205 and sorting out damaged wiring. I am down to this last wire without a home. One end is on the slave solenoid, but I can find no remnant of where the other end terminated. Any guidance on where this wire may go would be greaty appreciated.

Last edited:
View attachment 56491
Still working on the rebuild of my 2002 Utopia 205 and sorting out damaged wiring. I am down to this last wire without a home. One end is on the slave solenoid, but I can find no remnant of where the other end terminated. Any guidance on where this wire may go would be greaty appreciated.

That looks like a home-made wire to something/somewhere that no longer exists. Maybe to a house battery? It would be HOT all the time that the master switch is ON.

That looks like a home-made wire to something/somewhere that no longer exists. Maybe to a house battery? It would be HOT all the time that the master switch is ON.
Thanks, Tim75. I had not thought of that possibility.

Trying to determine if maybe it is supposed to go the starter as shown in the images below. But I cannot confirm the correct gauge, if it is. Nor can I figure out why it would be used, in addition to the direct heavy-gauge main feed from the battery.

My confusion is that one image indicates a black wire (no gauge shown) and the other an 8 gauge red wire, so I am a bit baffled. Hoping that someone will have a similar wire with both ends intact.

1630899474293.png

1630899830605.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back