2002 Utopia 205 cavitation - Do I have correct wear ring / Impeller?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whoami

Newbie here, loving the forum, thank you.

Just got a new to me Utopia 205, ran fine on sea trial, but with my family onboard I am getting cavitation and it seems to be getting worse. I pulled the rear end, oil was like new and to my surprise a brand new wear ring and impeller. The impeller number seems stock 47-877325 T but the wear ring I am struggling with... I have googled the number and nothing comes up as an exact match. The number on it is 856814C-1. Is that correct? Why don't I see it anywhere?

If this is good, then I am guessing my cavitation is coming from the stator, which does have some damaged vanes. My intake grate is also slightly damaged, so I wonder if that could also cause it? Parts for these things seem expensive AND hard to find!

I am also concerned that the seller is covering something up, since he told me he has not done a new impeller/wear ring...... what else could be wrong? bent shaft?

Finally does this boat have a carbon ring? I'm going to upgrade my membership, so I have access to manuals and hope this might help me too.

I'm in NH, if anyone has any parts nearby, please let me know :)

Thanks in advance

SO I upgraded and got the manuals, but i'm still kind of at a loss.

I'll describe my problem, just in case it's not cavitation.

Basically when I give the boat more than say 40% throttle, it vibrates/judders pretty aggressively and I have to let off. Does not matter if I gun it, or roll up to 40% throttle, same thing. As I said in previous post, seems to be getting worse. I was able to get up and plane two weekends ago, now its almost impossible to even plane (I'm not using the boat anymore until I fix it)

Wear ring and Impeller look like new.
My Intake grate was damaged and heaved up at one part, so maybe impacting the flow of water going to impeller?
Jet pump/impeller housing itself is pitted (apparently it was in the ocean at some point), but wear rim looks like it should still seat perfectly with the o-ring etc. Maybe the uneven surface is enough to throw of water flow, or boil water? I was thinking I could JB WELD the inside, like folks have done on the wear ring and see if that helps?
Stator has damaged fins/vanes and I just got a new used one to try (I'll ship my old out to impros to get it re-done).
So basically could a bad stator really be giving me that much trouble, or is there something else that could be causing the judders?

FYI, 2 kids and two adults and tried putting them all up front, but not much difference. Sea trial was just two of us, sat in the captains chairs.

Thanks again, Alex

SO I upgraded and got the manuals, but i'm still kind of at a loss.

I'll describe my problem, just in case it's not cavitation.

Basically when I give the boat more than say 40% throttle, it vibrates/judders pretty aggressively and I have to let off. Does not matter if I gun it, or roll up to 40% throttle, same thing. As I said in previous post, seems to be getting worse. I was able to get up and plane two weekends ago, now its almost impossible to even plane (I'm not using the boat anymore until I fix it)

Wear ring and Impeller look like new.
My Intake grate was damaged and heaved up at one part, so maybe impacting the flow of water going to impeller?
Jet pump/impeller housing itself is pitted (apparently it was in the ocean at some point), but wear rim looks like it should still seat perfectly with the o-ring etc. Maybe the uneven surface is enough to throw of water flow, or boil water? I was thinking I could JB WELD the inside, like folks have done on the wear ring and see if that helps?
Stator has damaged fins/vanes and I just got a new used one to try (I'll ship my old out to impros to get it re-done).
So basically could a bad stator really be giving me that much trouble, or is there something else that could be causing the judders?

FYI, 2 kids and two adults and tried putting them all up front, but not much difference. Sea trial was just two of us, sat in the captains chairs.

Thanks again, Alex
Drive shaft out of round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back