2002 seadoo gtx 4 tec leaking water, help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobR

My seadoo is leaking water I put in a new carbon seal so no problem there. When I put the PWC in the water still on the trailer engine off I looked in the back of the ski with the back part of the seat off. I noticed water slowly coming in from I think under the engine. I thought there was a crack in the hull but, I can't see anything messed up underneath other then small dings here and there. Any idea what could be the problem? I can't seem to locate were the water is coming in from.
PS. it seems to be coming in from the left side best I can tell.

Last edited:
Check your hull plugs...could be a small crack even if they appear tight

Also check your OPAS system as I had a leak there once

Also your siphon tubes at the rear could be gone

It's not the plugs forsure. The water is not coming from the back, it's coming from it appears more forward. I see it trickling back from what I can tell from under the engine. I have the trailer in the water with the fenders about 2" under the water. PWC is still on the trailer. I'm not sure what OPAS system is I'll look that up. Thanks for your reply.

Check your hull plugs...could be a small crack even if they appear tight

Also check your OPAS system as I had a leak there once

Also your siphon tubes at the rear could be gone

I filled the inside of the hull with water and the rear paddle "OPAS ?" on the right side is leaking. Is there any information on how to fix it out there.

Its leaking out the rubber boot. I ordered 2 boots to replace the old ones. Hopefully it's not a pain to do. I'll try to post pics when it's done.

not the easiest to get at - not much room in the back corners - down load a shop manual and it will give you a better idea of what to check while everything is apart also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back