2002 seadoo GTI LE - doggy performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_dog345

Hey guys!

Got a new Sea-Doo in. I’m having some issues. Most of the time, on full throttle at take off, the ski is very doggy and takes a while to hit the power band. Once it’s going it is fun, but taking hard turns usually results in degraded performance and again doggy on full throttle when trying to get back up to speed. It was also backfiring every now and again.

Starts fine and runs up just fine on the trailer. Compression 130 psi both cylinders.

I’ve replaced spark plugs. I was thinking this might be a fuel issue, so I intend to drain the tank and put fresh gas in. Also, had a carb rebuild in mind. And while I’m at it, check the rotary valve for any oddities. No gray tempo lines and the fuel lines looked good. But I wouldn’t put testing them out the door.

Just curious what the community thinks! Thanks in advance

Image1594778206.779559.jpg

I would rebuild the carbs with only genuine mikuni kits, make sure to get new needles and seats as well as they arnt included, replace fuel selector and the fuel filter o ring or the whole assembly.

I would rebuild the carbs with only genuine mikuni kits, make sure to get new needles and seats as well as they arnt included, replace fuel selector and the fuel filter o ring or the whole assembly.

Thanks, seems that you're agreeing with my thoughts on it being a fuel issue. The ski was winterized but sat over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back