2002 GTX Di

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive replaced atleast 10 fuel pumps and this solves the problem. It may just be the two fuel tank filters and the filter on top of the tank. Ive also had my fuel gauge show 107 psi but the seadoo wasn’t running well in the water. I would at the very least change all 3 filters and if that doesn’t work drain your fuel tank of all the premix oil and gas. I would then get the injectors cleaned. Focus on the fuel pump as this doesn’t throw codes on CANDOOPRO. Good luck.

According to some threads,,,the DI computer doesn't like premix.,going through its injectors.,,,doesn't hurt to look at the sock,,,never had a clogged one,,,and the intake internal mesh,,,never seen one of those clogged either,,,but once in a blue moon,I,,do find the the the top main filter,,,
quite restrictive,,,if I can't blow trough fairly easily with my mouth,,,I will change it with one from an auto parts store for next to nothing.
The scanner can at least eliminate the sensors at the intake and TPS...

Ive replaced atleast 10 fuel pumps and this solves the problem. It may just be the two fuel tank filters and the filter on top of the tank. Ive also had my fuel gauge show 107 psi but the seadoo wasn’t running well in the water. I would at the very least change all 3 filters and if that doesn’t work drain your fuel tank of all the premix oil and gas. I would then get the injectors cleaned. Focus on the fuel pump as this doesn’t throw codes on CANDOOPRO. Good luck.

Thank you. I've replaced all 3 filters. Drained the tank. And filled with fresh fuel. No change. Sending the injectors out tomorrow. I removed them today. One was wet with fuel. One was completely dry. If the injector cleaning doesn't fix it. then I'm buying the candoo pro software. Then. If that doesn't tell me anything. I'll probably give up on it. At least for now.

Sounding like a broken record, I would swap with a working fuel rail, but first have it scanned to rule out the intake sensors and TPS.,,that saves a lot of work. That rail is very complicated,,,2 fuel injectors, 2 air/fuel injectors, a fuel regulator, an air regulator, and non replaceable diaphram somewhere in the middle to separate the air and fuel before it is mixed.
Most on here will agree, that most of the time,,,it's fuel pump issues.,,sometimes,,,charging/regulator issues

Do you have the green rave solenoid or black? I tried swapping a green with black and had tons of issues. Have you pulled the rave valves and cleaned them. Are they possibly not moving to expel exhaust fumes?

Not sure if you sent out the injectors but there is a way to clean them at home. Tons of YouTube videos on cleaning injectors.

Also since someone just rebuilt it and could have hooked up the rave and compressor hoses incorrectly I would get a manual to verify the rave hoses and compressor hoses are hooked up properly

Would anybody here know why a 2003 gtx di will stall if you try to give it any sort of throttle? I just finished rebuilding it and threw it in the water to find out that it rattles like hell and stalls if you give it any gas. Replaced fuel pump, brand new jet pump as well. I'm thinking it is the injectors after reading this thread, but no way to be sure.

I used the one in this link: https: //www.ebay.com/itm/FPF-Intank-EFI-Fuel-Pump-For-SeaDoo-RX-DI-2000-2003-Replaces-204560418/173596086020?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Also would you know where I could get fuel and air injectors for less than $400?

I used the one in this link: https: //www.ebay.com/itm/FPF-Intank-EFI-Fuel-Pump-For-SeaDoo-RX-DI-2000-2003-Replaces-204560418/173596086020?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Also would you know where I could get fuel and air injectors for less than $400?
Did it work? I have 5 similar pumps in my garage that I tried. Not one produced enough pressure.

It works as far as I know. Have not checked the pressure yet. But whenever I run my ski I can hear the pump turn on.

I'm with Miki,,,I have yet to be blessed with an after market fuel pump that puts out enough pressure while the ski is on the water under load.

Well, after reading the responses, it seems like I made a rookie mistake. On your first project though, that is too be expected.

I have been looking around for the factory fuel pumps and have not had any luck. Would anybody here know where I could get one? I also just figured out that my sportster is overheating. Any suggestions?

I have been looking around for the factory fuel pumps and have not had any luck. Would anybody here know where I could get one? I also just figured out that my sportster is overheating. Any suggestions?

It would appear it is not getting enough water thru the cooling system,,,hook it up to garden hose, and see if the pisser (at back I believe), has water coming out of it...you probably have debris in there somewhere.

Well guys. Shoot. I'm no expert here. But I'm going to take a wild guess and assume this is why I can only 10mph.

Fudge.

Attachments

• 0DAA8609-94DD-4887-A1DD-896A48D0F0F3.jpeg
    0DAA8609-94DD-4887-A1DD-896A48D0F0F3.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 23
  • A99040EA-EFE2-4D2D-877F-D8ED1E18CAF5.jpeg
    A99040EA-EFE2-4D2D-877F-D8ED1E18CAF5.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 21
That should polish out. LOL Glad you found the problem.
Really haven’t ever seen a reed go bad except when a piston rod lets go.

It’s not uncommon for reed petals to break. The nice thing is the Seadoo ones will pass through without damage unlike stainless reeds.

How do you separate the reed cage from the intake boot tho? Is there hidden screws? Or is it just really stuck?

I'm going to assume it's been like that since it was rebuilt. And the shop that rebuilt it just missed it.

The old piston was shmammered.

Also, for some reason I am having go charge the battery pretty much every day in the Gtx di. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what was wrong?

How do you separate the reed cage from the intake boot tho? Is there hidden screws? Or is it just really stuck?

I'm going to assume it's been like that since it was rebuilt. And the shop that rebuilt it just missed it.

The old piston was shmammered.
Should be some small M3 screws and then separate, but the petals could be stuck to the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back