2002 gtx 4tec issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkustwin6

I’m new to the forum and also fairly new to jetski, I recently picked up a 2002 seadoo gtx 4tec. Previous owner told me it had taken on water one night while it was anchored and didn’t feel like messing with it this season. He told me he did get all the water out but shut it down once he heard weird noises? So took it home and tried to fire it up and I was only able to get it to turn over with the plugs out. So after reading a million posts and using everyone’s advice I read I pulled the motor and decided to start tearing into it. Pulled the head first expecting some sort of issues but the pistons and cylinders look perfect. So I pulled the water pump and pto cover and found the bendrix missing 4 teeth, I was able to locate the broken bits at the bottom of the case luckily. So I ordered new one and installed it. Now things are a little weird, I can crank it 3-4 revolutions without the plugs Installed but then the starter begins to spin freely. If I try and crank it with the plugs in I just get a clunk, it will not spin whatsoever. I have ordered a new starter just Incase and the battery is brand new. Anyone’s advice is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back