2001 Seadoo Utopia 185 Mercury Replace 210hp Carburetor Engine with 240EFI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixvolt

I have a loose 240EFI Mercury M2 engine out of a 2002 Utopia 205. I am looking at buying a 2001 Utopia 185 that has no engine. It originally had the 210hp version with carburetors.
Mechanically, the 240EFI should bolt right in. But would installing the 240EFI engine in the 2001 Utopia 185 be a nightmare to wire up? I assume the older boat has a much simpler wiring harness for the 210hp version of the engine with carburetors.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

It's basically a bolt in project. The gauges in the boat will all be compatible. Not a big deal. AND... as I recall... the umbilical on each engine is wired the same, and may just plug in. (but don't quot me on that)

Im doing the exact same thing. 2001 utopia 185. Pulled old 210Carb replacing with the 240efi. Umbilical cord plugs right in. Just dropped motor in last weekend. Haven't gotten it timed yet to fire.

Thank you for the quick reply, Doc! I've been reading your helpful posts here for years.

I think a bunch of other people swarmed this seller and the boat is probably sold already. But knowing I can open up my search to carbureted boats from 2000 and 2001 will make it easier to find a clean transplant candidate hull.

I hope someone here can confirm whether the the umbilicals are the same. I will only undertake a swap like this if the carb boat's wiring harness will plug right into the EFI engine's wiring.

Im doing the exact same thing. 2001 utopia 185. Pulled old 210Carb replacing with the 240efi. Umbilical cord plugs right in. Just dropped motor in last weekend. Haven't gotten it timed yet to fire.

Thanks - it's good to know that the umbilicals are compatible. I look forward to hearing whether yours runs.

Last edited:
Was wondering how your transplant went. Did you get it running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back