2001 SeaDoo Islandia Control Panel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogman

I hope someone can help me with my problem while my owners manual is on order.

I have a 2001 SeaDoo Islandia. My problem is on the control pane. I have an alarm going off and have no idea what it is for. It is an alarm with an orange button. I have checked sensors for the fuel filter, oil, and temp. and it still alarms. When it goes off, I can push the button and the alarm will quit for a while then start back up. Could this be a low batt. alarm? The button is about in the middle of the panel close to the steering.

I know what some of the controls are for but not all. Can anyone help me and let me know what buttons are for what?

Please help a rookie. :rofl:

Dogman, exactly how many beeps do you get? Is it continuous? Give us a little more information, and I see what I can do to help you out.

Karl

Thanks Karl

It is continuous. It beeps when the key is in the off position and the on position and even when the engine is running. The only time I can get it to stop is to push the control button or cut the power completely.

I know some of the control buttons (lights, bilge, engine compartment exhaust, horn) but is the only one with an orange light that keeps beeping that has got me baffled. My mechanic has even tried to figure it out. He has pulled the sensors for the oil, fuel, and temp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked in the library of seadoo manuals as I am not familiar with the Islandia. I own a 2008, 200speedster and it doesn't have that type of set up. I'll keep checking for a cure to your problem. Is that mechanic a "certified Seadoo Mechanic"? If he isn't I would look around for another one because these Jet Boats aren't like regular I/o or outboards of today.Is it beeping after it runs for a while? Is it possible it is overheating?

Karl

It beeps just sitting on the trailer when I have the key on. I looked up the parts list on the SeaDoo website. I believe the switch is the battery switch.

If you will, can you get me a list of all the switchs on the panel of this particuliar boat and their position? That would help me alot and let me know exactly what the switch is for

As far as the mechanic, the one in my town is not certified as a SeaDoo mechanic. He is just doing minor odds and ends. I have a certified mechanic about two hours away that does all of the maintenance work.

Thanks Karl for all of your help.

Dogman,
I'm new to this forum and I recently purchased a 2001 Islandia...we love it!

The orange light and associated beeps that you hear should be telling you that your battery is low. You may need to replace or charge your battery. I’ve got a good battery but if I leave the lights or a pump on without the engine running I will eventually get warned to turn them off by the very loud beeps from the switch.

You should be able to download the manual (pdf) from the Sea-doo website. If you can’t do that let me know and I can forward a pdf copy to you.

It’s good to have contact with another Islandia owner. We will be taking ours out on the lake for the second time tomorrow.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what the problem is. I bought a new battery and will install tomorrow. I too will be taking mine out this weekend for the second time. The first time, last weekend, was not a pleasent experience. I took the boat out and the engine would not keep running. I was stuck out on the lake twice and had to be towed both times. I changed the plugs (the person that had the boat before me put Champions in) and put NGKs in, changed the fuel filter, change the gear oil and completely drained the fuel tank (had water in the filter). The boat runs great in the tank but I want to get it out on the lake and run it through its paces.

We too love our boat. Its a good investment and we will enjoy fixing up the minor cosmetic items to suit us.

Thanks again for all of your help. I will try the website and let you know on the manual.

Kentt

Mike,

You were right on the money with the SeaDoo website. I downloaded the manual and quickly gaining more knowledge.

Thanks again.

Kentt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back