2001 RXDI Air compressor line melting and bursting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximumquake

I have an 2001 RXDI that while I was out running it, the rave valves stopped functioning. When I got the ski out of the water I saw that the line going from the air compressor to the rave valve solenoid had burst. I originally thought the line had burst because I thought i kinked it and caused a weak spot, which led to it failing. I replaced the line with OEM line and it burst again with in a few minutes of the ski running. After searching a bunch of forum posts the only answer I could find is people had the line burst when their rave valves were sticking. So I cleaned the rave valves and one did appear to be sticking. I replaced the line again and started it up the dock and let it idle, within a few minutes the line burst. What is happening is that the line is heating up, losing integrity and then bursting. The air compressor barb that the line attaches to, is getting hot enough to melt the line. I took top of the air compressor off and everything appeared fine. The piston and sleeve for the air compressor had oil on it and nothing was damaged. The ski is not over heating and water is freely flowing threw the air compressor. I also checked the rave valve solenoid and it is functioning.

Has anyone had any similar experiences with DI skis or have any idea what could possibly be causing this?

I know you said you used OEM line, but maybe you got something of lesser quality by mistake? My DI had the line break once but I just cut it slightly shorter and it has never happened again.

You make a good point and I thought of that but i do believe it is the right line. I actually measured the replacement line I got and the orgional with my micrometer and they were identical. The compressor is overheating for some reason. I am now thinking that maybe there is a partial obstruction in one of the water lines causing the compressor to not get enough water. Maybe in the line going to the compressor silencer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back