2001 Islandia Ski Mods

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings -- my 240 EFI is being rebuilt as we speak... excited to get back on the water this summer!

Question: My kids complain of the jet stream coming off the back end of the boat on plane. I have shifted weight, extended the rope length and tried increasing the speed... for tubing it is horrible, and for skiing it is less than ideal. Anyone know of an attachment or mod that can reduce it?

Last edited:
You need a rope with an inline ball-type float. Looks like a giant football, helps greatly - dont bother buying and trying longer & shorted ropes, - get the ball

Thx for the reply... do you use the ball even for skiing or wakeboarding though?

I had the ball and they still were sprayed from the jet stream deflecting off the ball. It ultimately ripped from the drag off the launch and I never replaced it.

I wish there was a small nozzle adjustment I could make to direct the stream down a little... though I'd lose top end speed a lil I bet.

My guess is the ball is the best you're going to do, there is no adjustment on nozzle - unless of course, you break out the welding torch.

In with you, my kids threatened to start wearing goggles while tubing. I have the Booster Ball, and it only helps if it is blown up really well. Solid as a rock... Good to see a fellow Sconnie on the board!

The ball is designed to keep the rope out of the water when towing tubes. But not for knocking down spray, although that is a slight side benefit.

When skiing, the rope will never hit the water, so the ball will have little effect.

When tubing, just keep the kids crossing the wake, rather than towing directly behind. Our kids got to the point that they liked the shot in the face on occasion, but the best part of tubing was launching over the wake. So straight line tubing rarely happens. In fact, all the best tubing happens with two tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back