2001 gtx info gauge weak display

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
So, on one of my skis, the info gauge shows really weak, very hard to read. It isn't cloudy just the display is weak.
I have seen replacement lcd's on E-pay that I could solder in if that's the issue. Thanks for any ideas;)

This am after checking all of the electrical connectors, I can see that the polarizing film on the info gauge is rippled. It's still clear but may not be doing its job anymore. I will order a new film and give that a go.

My guage was weak as well, some spots were blank, it was the film in my case, it's an inexpensive gamble in any case.

So that worked like a charm. The repair was easy to do, much easier I suppose than usual because my film just peeled right off. All I needed to do was get the old glue off which I did with a razor blade and some denatured alcohol and maybe some acetone. The LCD looked at first like it was toasted after cleaning but when I laid the new film over it, it looked much better. In hindsight, I wish I would have done more to save the trim ring. Maybe I could have cut it all the way around in the back with a Dremel wheel to release it so it could have been reused for aesthetic purposes if nothing else. I did purchase some 90mm heat shrink tubing and shrunk that all the way around the bezel because I'm weird like that. All thats left is the reassembly.

Attachments

• IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    593.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    435.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back