2001 GTX DI - Won’t Start (Video)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

BaranokeNJ

Good day,

I saw a thread about this model not starting. I followed what the thread was stating but I am looking for more help.

This was gifted to me. I only know that this ski was very well maintained as the previous owner is meticulous with all of his stuff.

I have disconnected the battery. Took out the plugs. Removed the PTO cover. The shaft rotates free. The Starter solenoid clicks. Then I get 3 beeps/ long beep.

Where to next?

Thanks.

Video Below.

Last edited:
First of all, you have the GTX DI model. (not RDX or RDI). You are going to love this thing.
Your statement "The shaft Ali a free" I hope means that you were able to hand turn the PTO flywheel? This is good.
Your video describing all the stuff you replaced in the electrical box must mean it was flooded, and you tested some components as damaged?
That box can get flooded without damaging parts.
To verify your start relay is actually working, you can bridge the posts on the relay with a metal bar, tool, or car jumper cable.
The start relay is the cheapest part in that box.
The relatively loud click heard in your video sounded more like the starter than the relay.
If your starter is locked but your motor turns freely, then your next step is to check the starter.
Have fun, as I said you're going to love it when running. That is why I have four of them.

First of all, you have the GTX DI model. (not RDX or RDI). You are going to love this thing.
Your statement "The shaft Ali a free" I hope means that you were able to hand turn the PTO flywheel? This is good.
Your video describing all the stuff you replaced in the electrical box must mean it was flooded, and you tested some components as damaged?
That box can get flooded without damaging parts.
To verify your start relay is actually working, you can bridge the posts on the relay with a metal bar, tool, or car jumper cable.
The start relay is the cheapest part in that box.
The relatively loud click heard in your video sounded more like the starter than the relay.
If your starter is locked but your motor turns freely, then your next step is to check the starter.
Have fun, as I said you're going to love it when running. That is why I have four of them.
Thank you. The GTX Rotax Direct Injection led me to GTX RDI.

Yes. I took off the PTO cover and the shaft spins free and easy.

The previous owner had said all of the components in the black box were pretty new. I went through and cleaned all of the rust/crust off and wire wheeled connection points.

I tried to bridge the connection and nothing happens. (Using a big wrench).

The plugs are out from checking to see if the shaft spins free.

Starter?
Do you need a better video?
The battery? New. It has been sitting on a shelf for 6 months. Has never been used prior to this.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1090.jpeg
    IMG_1090.jpeg
    384.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1089.jpeg
    IMG_1089.jpeg
    392.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I hope the battery was at full charge after sitting. It could just be low battery power. Since you bridged the relay posts, it is either a low battery or a bad starter. I would definitely check for a strong battery before pulling the starter. The starter is on the port side under the intake manifold bolted to front of the case (block) behind the magneto cover. Just follow the large power cable and you can feel it. Get the repair manual (free online), and I think it is just a couple of bolts you can reach with an extension. The manual tells how to rebuild the starter, or you can buy online.

Back