2001 GTX DI Info Gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmo12

My info gauge fogged up and stopped working last season. I bought a used gauge from ebay and installed it today. The new/used gauge doesn't work either. My question is will anything other than a bad gauge cause it not to read?

Is that with the Key inserted. I think the gauge stays live for 33 seconds when you push the start button with no key.

Checked power at purple wire coming out MPEM. There is power there for about 1 minute.
The info gauges need two sources of 12 volts to activate, you have the purple and usually a red/purple going to the rear ebox. On you DI ski, check me on the exact wiring color coding, but regardless, all the info gauges I've seen need these two sources to be hot for it to come on.

You must have the gauge fully hooked up to function. Check the rear electric box should be a 1 amp or 2 amp fuse that runs that gauge as secondary 12v

I opened the rear electric box, but only found 1 30 amp fuse which was ok. I didn't find any other fuses in the rear box.

The info gauges need two sources of 12 volts to activate, you have the purple and usually a red/purple going to the rear ebox. On you DI ski, check me on the exact wiring color coding, but regardless, all the info gauges I've seen need these two sources to be hot for it to come on.
I checked the purple and red/purple. Both have power when the key is in.

I checked the purple and red/purple. Both have power when the key is in.

Double check the plug connections and ground to it. If that's all good before throwing in the towel you may have a bad gauge, it's possible the large pin connector inside joining the LCD and main board is corroded. Opening the gauge, you can separate the two and clean the connection with some electrical spray.

You'll need to remove the gauge anyway so bench test it first before opening it up, still possible the issue is power on the ski. Connect 12 volts to the 2 hot wires and connect the ground wire. It should light up and show the time. You won't have anything else display because you need sensors connected.

It's not common, but they do go bad.

Did you check the fuse labeled acc on the mpem? You are correct the di doesnt have a fuse for info center in the rear i was thinking of a rfi.

Did you check the fuse labeled acc on the mpem? You are correct the di doesnt have a fuse for info center in the rear i was thinking of a rfi.
Yes checked that fuse and it's ok. That's the fuse that powers the red/purple wire. I have power to that wire up to the gauge. I'm really thinking I got a bad gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back