2001 GTX DI Bad Fuel Pump?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryce GTX

Just came into this ski and acts like no fuel to injectors. Disconnected the line after the fuel filter, which was highly pressurized, and no fuel comes out of the filter when put on the key or hit start button. Is this a fuel pump issue or is there something else I should check?
It looks like the 2000-2003 GTX DI and RX DI models use the same fuel pump.

Just came into this ski and acts like no fuel to injectors. Disconnected the line after the fuel filter, which was highly pressurized, and no fuel comes out of the filter when put on the key or hit start button. Is this a fuel pump issue or is there something else I should check?
It looks like the 2000-2003 GTX DI and RX DI models use the same fuel pump.
Car you hear the fuel pump running?

Car you hear the fuel pump running?
Good question... I don't hear anything when connecting the key other than the 2 beeps. I checked the connections and they are perfectly clean. I have not looked for a ground connection issue. If the pump is bad would I still hear something?

If you don’t hear it, it’s probably not pumping.

You should really use an oem pump but there’s only one aftermarket one that works.

There’s a member here that knows the DI skis really well so hopefully he chimes in soon.

I'm not exactly sure how to confirm power to the pump... I tried checking volts from the pins on the connector going to the pump, but need to research which pins are what.

I'm not exactly sure how to confirm power to the pump... I tried checking volts from the pins on the connector going to the pump, but need to research which pins are what.
Should be the two outer pins I believe. The two middle pins are for the fuel sending unit. I would unplug the fuel pump plug and stick your meter probes on the two outer wires. Then stick your lanyard on the post and see if you get voltage. If you do I would assume a dead pump.

Correct, it was the out 2 pins. Thanks! I checked the outer 2 pins and get 25.2 volts when I connect the lanyard. I pulled the pump and will work on replacing it.

Not sure how you get 25 volts but yeah, those in tank pumps are very common failure items once they get some age on them and you can't use just any pump, yeah it might run but not correctly, it has to be the right one!

if you don’t hear the pump come on when installing the key most likely the pump is bad. I highly recommend you find a good new/used OEM pump. I don’t recommend any aftermarket pumps.never had any luck with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back