2001 gtx 951 carb ..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian lewis087

Hey guys haven't been on here for a while been busy
okay I'm not getting any spark or pulse voltage to coils. I have traced it down to the stator after doing multiple tests according to Manuel. Changed out starter, and pickup. .motor is on my bench. Pickup is @246 ohms and I'm getting the 3 battery legs I'm getting 1 ohm all with in specs.. I'm not getting proper voltage to the mpem .only getting 3 vac . On battery legs and only 1.12 vac on pickup. Is this normal and enough to make the mpem work properly I am using a fluke 115 meter with max and min

Ty inadvance

No manual in hand and just thinking along the lines of your post, are you getting 3 volts DC. and 1.12 volts DC or am I just confused? LOL I'm pretty sure the MPEM needs 12 volts and starts bitching with low voltage somewhere in the 11's. Check your grounds and check power on the pins. I've found a few corroded pins especially on the mag plug. I haven't messed with skis in over a month. LOL I"m in the same boat/ski you're in. Good Luck !! :)

NOTE I restored two of those this summer. Man those are nice skis.

Correct I have the motor on my bench so I am bench testing it before I put it back in on my three yellow legs which is the battery charger I'm only getting 3 volts ac on my pickup I'm only getting 1.1 to 1.3 ac no I'm not using Amazon or any other cheap parts .. I have bought 3 stator already and none are working properly. Hell each 1 cost over $150

Dang never thought people run the engine outside of the ski. :) I'll give you a guess but the proper value/range is in the manual. 45-ish AC volts. I'd suggest downloading the manual. Good Luck.

Dang never thought people run the engine outside of the ski. :) I'll give you a guess but the proper value/range is in the manual. 45-ish AC volts. I'd suggest downloading the manual. Good Luck.

Like I said I okay I'm not running it also I'm doing his bench testing at turning it over and doing a compression test on a motor I just did a top end kit I was just wondering if that voltage is good enough to power up the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back