2001 Challenger Mercury V6 wont start.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MelloYelloHCFR

Hey all first post and any help would be appreciated. Just picked up a 2001 Challenger with the Mercury V6 240hp. Previous owners had the boat in for maintance 1 year ago and took it out one time, and has not run since. I have put in fresh gas, fuel treatment, new fuel filter, new battery and new plugs. Now when trying to start the starter is turning strong, showing about 500 Rpms on tach and plugs seem to be getting wet, but no start. Getting one beep when cranking. Hoping to make it out for the 4th so any help would be appreciated. Ps on a side note motor turns over whether the safty tether is plugged in or not. And all other functions i.e. bilge pump, radio, and lights are working fine. Thanks Again!

ETA there is also a relay on the port side of engine that clicks off and on about once a second when initially turning engine on, lasts maybe 20 or 30 secs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mello........Was wondering if you still having problems with the boat.....I am going through the same thing as we speak and finally got somewhere. Let me know.....As far as steps I took check out all the threads I posted about my engine. Seadoosnipe was very helpful with me. He is great guy. Any questions I would be happy to help.

You first may want to check to see if the Pump is getting fuel through the WATER SEPARATOR and then check the VAPOR SEPARATOR.

Oh by the way are you running a MERC v6 240hp m2 EFI or CARB let me know and I will be glad to help

Allstate......:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back