2001 challenger impeller.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshpxj

Hey guys a friend of mine has a 2001 challenger with the merc motor. He trashed his impeller and wear ring. We are in Denver at about 5500 feet elevation. 2 questions. What prop do you guys recommend for this boat at higher altitudes and 2- do these get changed just like the skii's? I have not changed a boat impeller yet. I have the tool for the skiis will this work with the boats? Thanks.

Nope... the don't change the same. These are closer to an outboard engine.

But... you remove the nozzle, tail section, and mid section. (if he trashed it) Then... the impeller is held on with a big nut.

The tail is full of oil, so it will need to be refilled when you put it back together.

Unlike the ski's... the "Wear ring" isn't a simple plastic ring. You either change the entire mid housing... or you can send it to Impros and have the bore it, and install a stainless ring.

Yeah I did some searching and saw that it appears to be a m2 pump. Totally different. I did see a solas listed for the application so that may be a better option for him. And if the mid section is trashed I saw the jbweld or impros fixes.
There aren't many options for parts on these darn things. Even seadoo doesn't support the pump or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back