2001 - 2006 utopia control handle rebuild videos

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatsink56

Greetings every one. I had some problems with my control handle on my 2003 utopia 185 being stiff, then not moving. I've see this has been an issue on most of these boats. I couldn't really find any good Tutorial on how to take these out of the boat since access to the under hull isn't simple. So i decided to make a set of Tutorial " how to " videos on removing the unit from the boat, rebuilding it and reinstall. I will post the links below. keep in mind this is the first set of "how to" videos I've done and i'm just a shade tree mechanic, and this is my first boat I've ever owned. :d Hope this post is OK here, If not you can remove or point me were it would best fit.
Thanks

control handle rebuild video 1

control handle rebuild video 2

control handle rebuild video 3

I rebuilt mine in about an evening. It wasn't too bad. Just keep track of the parts. I took lots of pictures when I took it apart and then put it back together going backwards to the pictures. Now the shifters like butter.

Thank you so much! I just bought a 2003 utopia 205 and it needs this! My in laws who are boat guys were thinking it was the cables but I’m glad I stumbled upon this! Thanks again videos were great and I will be adding this to my winter projects!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back