2000 SeaDoo Challenger 2000 Slow Plane/Acceleration (wear ring?)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!

I have a 2000 Seadoo Challenger 2000. It still runs and starts first crank however it's slow at acceleration and getting on plane. I ran through some nasty weeds and actually blew up my intake grate last year. Now I'm no mechanic but I was doing some research and I'm guessing it needs a new wear ring or jet jump assembly.

Anyways I'm coming here for some other opinions. And I was wondering on how much I'd be looking at for a repair. Is this a big or small job?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but it has the Merc M2 EFI engine.

I've also attached some photos from inside the impeller that shows the impeller and what I think is the wear ring with cavities.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20210518_174323.jpg
    20210518_174323.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210518_174311.jpg
    20210518_174311.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210518_174329.jpg
    20210518_174329.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 23
Hey everyone!

I have a 2000 Seadoo Challenger 2000. It still runs and starts first crank however it's slow at acceleration and getting on plane. I ran through some nasty weeds and actually blew up my intake grate last year. Now I'm no mechanic but I was doing some research and I'm guessing it needs a new wear ring or jet jump assembly.

Anyways I'm coming here for some other opinions. And I was wondering on how much I'd be looking at for a repair. Is this a big or small job?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but it has the Merc M2 EFI engine.

I've also attached some photos from inside the impeller that shows the impeller and what I think is the wear ring with cavities.

Cheers

Your wear ring does not look too bad. I have repaired mine by removing it and coating the inside with lightweight fiberglass cloth and epoxy resin. About $30 and 3 hours. Lasted 3 years so far.

Others have had professional repair mod by Impros. Not sure of the cost. MUCH more than $30.

If you are slow on acceleration, are you getting full power? Have you checked compression lately? Is your timing correct? Are all cylinders firing? What is your full throttle RPM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back