2000 Sea-Doo gts oil change

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there’s never a good time to use seafoam on these.

Have you checked the fuel strainer and on/off valve? Common points to suck air.

Did you take the a-pump apart and clean an inspect the diaphragm in it? Is it squirting has into the carb body’s when you throttle up? Both carbs?

Did you take the a-pump apart and clean an inspect the diaphragm in it? Is it squirting has into the carb body’s when you throttle up? Both carbs?
Yes. Took a pump apart and cleaned it. Diaphragm is good. Pumps fuel to carb. I only have one carb. The ski will idle and put around. It will start to accelerate when u gas it but then boggs down and sometimes shuts off.

Well there’s never a good time to use seafoam on these.

Have you checked the fuel strainer and on/off valve? Common points to suck air.
I'm running it off the reserve line. I wanted to rule those two items out. It's was still bogging on acceleration when I had selector switch and fuel bowl filter hooked up.

Well I’m assuming that all of the following is done at this point. Let us know if anything was missed...

1. Carbs have been rebuilt with Mikuni kits and new needles and seats.

2. Fuel selector and strainer have been bypassed.

3. Plugs have been changed and are the correct resistor plugs now.

4. Plug wires have been trimmed back 1/4” and caps reinstalled.

5. All grey tempo fuel lines have been replaced with black automotive line.

If all of this is correct, I’m thinking there may be a crack or leak in the fuel baffle itself... You’re getting some air somewhere, and that’s the only other place I can think of that it might be coming from...

Compression is low. If that 120psi is accurate that’s your problem and time for a new top end.

Well I’m assuming that all of the following is done at this point. Let us know if anything was missed...

1. Carbs have been rebuilt with Mikuni kits and new needles and seats.

2. Fuel selector and strainer have been bypassed.

3. Plugs have been changed and are the correct resistor plugs now.

4. Plug wires have been trimmed back 1/4” and caps reinstalled.

5. All grey tempo fuel lines have been replaced with black automotive line.

If all of this is correct, I’m thinking there may be a crack or leak in the fuel baffle itself... You’re getting some air somewhere, and that’s the only other place I can think of that it might be coming from...
Yes. All of that is complete. My compression is at 120 psi tho. Here is a picture of the baffle. It has some dry rot going on.

Attachments

• IMG_20190804_153957341.jpg
    IMG_20190804_153957341.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 16
Unfortunately I think Mikidymac’s right. At 120psi, compression is the most likely culprit. If it were the baffle, it would be a crack in the plastic tube, rather than the boot, and it’s pretty unlikely...

Unfortunately I think Mikidymac’s right. At 120psi, compression is the most likely culprit. If it were the baffle, it would be a crack in the plastic tube, rather than the boot, and it’s pretty unlikely...
I was contemplating doing the top end on this now. But I did one more test. I ran the reserve line straight to an external gas can with 93 in it. At WOT the ski just dies. So at WOT I sprayed carb cleaner in the carb and it keeps it running and ripping at high RPM. Let me know what you think. I cleaned this carb and put genuine rebuild kit on it just to be clear.

You guys and your carb cleaner... :naughty: That stuff shouldn’t be anywhere near an assembled engine. If you’ve still got shutdown issues even with an external tank, then it’s the compression causing your issue. It’s time for a top end...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back