2000 RX DI 951 MPEM Problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

r_vine

Hey all!

To start off, I bought this blown up jet ski from a good friend of mine. As it looks to me, it was rebuilt previously, had .25 pistons in it, and the rave valve caught the piston ring. Anyways, I had Full Bore clean up the cylinders (did an awesome job!), and I cleaned and rebuilt the rest of the engine, top and bottom. It runs like a champ now! But I cant get some computer issues solved.

The maintenance light and error message wont go away. Took it to a dealer in town to read the codes and was given a P0606 non clear-able ECU Fault code. Great.

After running all the electrical tests in the shop manual, everything checks out but one item. The voltage at the TPS on the MAG side from Pin 1 to Pin 3 is reading 0 volts (should be 5 volts). It almost looks like the multi-meter will read 5 volts for a split second, then it will drop down to a small mV reading. All resistances check out ok.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could cause this aside from a failing ECU? The only thing I can think to do is to do the Throttle Body adjustment procedure with the Closed TPS Adjustment through BUDS.

i think a p0606 the repair manual is saying electrical noise. do you have a copy of the reapir manul they have a write up on that code section 6 subset 4

Last edited:
i think a p0606 the repair manual is saying electrical noise. do you have a copy of the reapir manul they have a write up on that code section 6 subset 4
I did see that. I guess I don't really know how to test that though... or how to find where the noise is coming from...

it says to check the ignition system first .. electrical connections faulty battery. knock sensor wire routing . if all that fails then maybe a bad ecu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back