2000 polaris genesis 1200 bogs down

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

burkie55

Looking at buying a 2000 Genesis 1200 Carb seadoo,guy says the Crank seals are gone .Is this the reason the seadoo bogs down after 10 mins? Carbs have been cleaned ,new plugs,Fuel pump rebuilt,all lines and tank cleaned,compression good. Does Whole engine need rebuild? Any help?

If the seals were bad... you would see an oil mess, and it wouldn't run right at any time... and not after 10 min. I'm not saying they are perfect... but that doesn't sound right to me.

The early Polaris Domestic engines had issues with the ignition unit. I would be more inclined to say the timing is dropping, or you are loosing spark.

And finally... Polaris had the same crappy "Tempo" fuel lines that seadoo had. SO... if the carbs were cleaned, and THEN the fuel lines were changed... the carbs could be plugged again.

Until you own it, and can do real troubleshooting... there could be a bunch of issues that could cause the problem.

FYI... good compress on that engine is 125~130 psi.

Thanks Tony for info

Thanks I would rather it be lines or Ignition than Seals,which would be motor removal.Sounds like after 10 mins of running she bogs down due to dirt or spark loss.I will know more when i buy it. Thanks now I know what to look for. Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back