2000 Islandia fires up but dies after about 10 seconds need help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Max

Hi All, long time reader first time poster… I have a 2000 Islandia with its original 1999 Mercury M2 jet, 240 EFI. Here’s the situation… I bought it this past winter. It fired up and ran when shown. When I went to clean it up and fire it up for the first time this spring, it will crank, turn over, fire and run for about 10 seconds then it die out. It seemed like it’s getting starved for fuel but I’ve gone through the entire low side and high side systems and the only area where I seem to have issues is low fuel pressure.
I’ve followed the service manual for high and low pressure troubleshooting. So far I’ve checked and have unrestricted/good fuel flow from the tank to the first filter to the primer pump to the pulse pump (just rebuilt) through the water separating filter (also replaced), to the VPS. I’ve cleaned and inspected everything in the VPS. Replaced the high pressure fuel pump and final filter. Reassembled and retested. Same result. I’ve tested the voltage to the high pressure fuel pump during initial “key on” prime and everything checked out. During the “key on” stage I only get about 30lbs pressure, but I’m not sure if the regulator is bad or if my pressure gauge just sucks. I don’t have the ability to bench test the vps and regulator. But none of the work I’ve done seems to get it to run longer but it stops wanting to start the more I try it, again, like it’s starving for fire even though it’s making it through the entire system.

Are there any sensors or electrical that would cause this? I’m debating on if I should burn $300+ on a fuel pressure regulator without knowing if that’s the issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Max

Hi All, long time reader first time poster… I have a 2000 Islandia with its original 1999 Mercury M2 jet, 240 EFI. Here’s the situation… I bought it this past winter. It fired up and ran when shown. When I went to clean it up and fire it up for the first time this spring, it will crank, turn over, fire and run for about 10 seconds then it die out. It seemed like it’s getting starved for fuel but I’ve gone through the entire low side and high side systems and the only area where I seem to have issues is low fuel pressure.
I’ve followed the service manual for high and low pressure troubleshooting. So far I’ve checked and have unrestricted/good fuel flow from the tank to the first filter to the primer pump to the pulse pump (just rebuilt) through the water separating filter (also replaced), to the VPS. I’ve cleaned and inspected everything in the VPS. Replaced the high pressure fuel pump and final filter. Reassembled and retested. Same result. I’ve tested the voltage to the high pressure fuel pump during initial “key on” prime and everything checked out. During the “key on” stage I only get about 30lbs pressure, but I’m not sure if the regulator is bad or if my pressure gauge just sucks. I don’t have the ability to bench test the vps and regulator. But none of the work I’ve done seems to get it to run longer but it stops wanting to start the more I try it, again, like it’s starving for fire even though it’s making it through the entire system.

Are there any sensors or electrical that would cause this? I’m debating on if I should burn $300+ on a fuel pressure regulator without knowing if that’s the issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Max
Oh and I’ve checked spark and compression both are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back