2000 islandia 240 merc efi shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsnothenry

Hi, I’m l looking for help with my islandia. It runs great for about half hour then the engine cuts out. It will fire right back up but will continue shutting off every couple minutes. After it’s cooled down it’s good for another half hour. Has anyone had similar issues?

Wellllllllll.........

What have you checked? It could be a few things.

1) Ignition shutting off. (Bad lanyard or switch, Throttle Guardian gone bad, son-on)

2) Fuel issue. (pumps failing, or power to injectors)

3) Overheating.

4) Very low oil or other issue putting it into limp mode. (But stalls) Do BOTH buzzers work?

Mine had that issue out of blue... I found it to be the lanyard switch had gone bad. But since the boat is so large... I just disconnected it. (not recommended in the small boats)

Thanks, the fuel pump was changed at the shop as it was heating up and creating a pressure drop in the line but that didn’t resolve the issue. I am not sure what else they checked at the shop but they were unable to find the issue. I will start with the lanyard and throttle guardian to see if that helps. I appreciate the help and apologize in advance of my limited engine knowledge.

Thanks, the fuel pump was changed at the shop as it was heating up and creating a pressure drop in the line but that didn’t resolve the issue. I am not sure what else they checked at the shop but they were unable to find the issue. I will start with the lanyard and throttle guardian to see if that helps. I appreciate the help and apologize in advance of my limited engine knowledge.

Check the trigger coils while they are hot. That is, immediately when the engine quits.

I had mine out over the holidays and found a similar issue. However. After the first time it shuts off and I get going again I gain rpm and mph? Fuel pump issue? Or would something else affect that as well? Thanks.

Hi, I’m l looking for help with my islandia. It runs great for about half hour then the engine cuts out. It will fire right back up but will continue shutting off every couple minutes. After it’s cooled down it’s good for another half hour. Has anyone had similar issues?
Im having a similar problem with my 2001 Utopia 210 Carb M2. What solutions did you find?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back