2000 GTX RFI Oil Injection System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianh64

I just purchased a 2000 GTX RFI that had been sitting up for awhile. The previous owner said they were having issues with the engine quitting and were told the fix was to remove the oil injection system and run premix. I had read in another thread that this is NOT a good option for this PWC. I do still have the pump but can't find a good source that shows where the oil lines from the pump and the tank. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a no no in an RFI ski. Personally I don't recommend pre-mix in any seadoo.

Lou

With old 2 stroke street bikes I've owned, that was the route to go. Theory being if you got gas then you have to have oil. I'm happy to have gotten it running so quick after it had sat for years.

What Lou is saying is that you should not run premix in your ski. The RFID. Rotax Fuel Injection system should not and is not designed to have the oil from premix in it and the oil injection was not the erasing it would not stay running. You need to go back to the factory oil system then diagnose their claimed running issues. These oil injection systems are very good and reliable if maintained. Also you can't eliminate it because it not only lubricates the internal engine parts but it also provides an oil bath for your rotary valve gear that rides on the crankshaft in a separate chamber.

I'm well aware of the issue of running premix in this machine and do NOT plan on doing so. I am going to put the system back on but can't find any good diagrams of how it was all on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back