2000 gtx not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjl

I have learned a lot on this site so I'm posting this to help others, gtx was not starting.no beeps when "key" was on dess, used trouble shooting tips on here to test Dess, tested good, fuses good, water had gotten into rear electric box, I was pulling the wire with the fuse when it came out of the plug in on the battery side of the box, removed the box and found the pin for that power wire was not there, must have shorted and burned off, there are 5 wires on that plug, the other 4 were good, I drilled a hole in the box for the damaged wire then I cut the wire at the plug in and wired it direct, I siloconed around the wire to keep water out, the starter relay also got water in it and the contacts were corroded, ordered new one problem solved, must find a better way to seal the cover as the plastic tabs don't hold.

You are better off ordering new pins from Westside Powersports Seadoo and fixing the plug correctly then if the lid tabs are broken he can get you a new lid too and use the correct gasket slathered with di-electric grease. Or you can just buy a goot tested and guaranteed complete box from him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back