2000 GTS stalls

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ykedoodl

Hello,

I have 2000 GTS that has an odd stall problem.

After taking it out it will run fine for about 3 minutes. Then it's begins to cough and then 5-10 seconds later stalls. After it stalls it can be restarted but runs only briefly 3-5 seconds before stalling again.

Could the head gasket be leaking?

Not sure what would cause this?

Thanks for any help.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
When it's out of the water it runs and starts instantly. I don't have it running for more than 20 seconds or so however. Rectifiers are cheap 17 year old ski. Its a good suggestion.

If the head was leaking it would not restart, at least that's what I keep saying to myself.

Also, I think if the head gasket were bad the issue would be instant and not wait for what appears to be a warm engine.

I'm going to install a flush kit and see if I can simulate this on land.

-Tired of paddling without a rudder

FYI...

Another member had the same problem. It was narrowed down to the heat from the rectifier that was causing the ski to bog and suddenly stop after about 10 mins. of riding. He was able to restart it. But it fell on it's face time and time again. Thought it might have been a fuel delivery problem. But when he changed out the rectifier. Everything worked correctly and he ran 2 tanks of gas through it without any other issues.

He felt it wasn't carb related because it didn't happen right away. It happened only after a few mins. of riding and possibly allowed the component to heat up causing the failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back