2000 Gti Miss

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyQuagmire

I have a SeaDoo 2000 GTi. No more than 150 hours. The engine at about half throttle misses and cuts out. Will not run any faster than 1/2 throttle. Changed spark plugs. Took off carb, apart and cleaned the screen. The rest looked good. Took squirt bottle with gas and sprayed into carb while in water on ramp and still missed bad. OK until half throttle. If you hook a hose to the hose inlet out of the water while running it eventually chokes out. Compression for both cylinders is 152. Voltage at battery when running is 14.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rocky

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply on unplugging the rectifier. but it still had the miss fire with it unplugged. Any other things to try?

Try these: Trim 1/8 inch off the boot end of spark plug wires and reinstall boots, Open gas cap when it acts up (vent is bad), pull choke out a little ( improves, it's lean, it dies it's rich) I caution, running lean,fuel carries life giving oil.
Do Not Run out of water long. Your carbon seal on drive train will burn up! Pull all you connection plugs apart and look for corrosion. Put Dielectric tune up grease on male parts of plugs and connection surfaces. Clean all of the ground connections. One on mag housing and one under left side rear of engine. Check the 15 amp fuse holder in rear E-box where coil is. If box has ever been full of water it can cause havoc. All else fails, the carb may need rebuilt. If you go that route do a lot of reading on it. Not just replacing the parts. OSD.com has all you need.
I have 2 of the same ski's. You can get a free repair manual off the Internet. It gives you procedures and instruction, service schedules and fluids needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back