2000 GSX RFI in limp mode

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggYella

I bought the above mentioned Sea-Doo a few weeks ago. Seller mentioned that the battery was weak. I charged it, got it on the water, it ran fine the first day. The second day, I got the blinking red light with Low 12V warning. It was intermittent the second day, but the 3rd day, it came on again. After coming into the dock, I tried to start it back up but there wasn't enough juice in the battery.

Googled symptoms, tested the battery, replaced the rectifier. When I got it back on the water, it started but wouldn't run more than 10-15 mph. Decided I was at the threshhold of what I could do with Google. Took it to a repair guy.

They checked it out and said everything is fine but replacing the rectifier put it in limp mode, that I needed to take it to a dealer repair facility to clear the mode.

While I wait for the dealer in my area to call me back, I wanted to check with the wisdom of this group to see if there was any other way to clear this or verify. I don't mind paying the dealer, but our local dealer (they do my motorcycle) is typically one to two months out. Summer will be over by the time we are able to use this again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back